10 Ways To Save Some Money
1. Stay away from friends who buy new things every month. New cars, TV sets, laptops, mobile phones, etc. Keep away from friends who eat out at fancy restaurants every other night and just live way beyond their means.
2. Make it a point not to listen to ads on the radio or watch ads on TV while the breaks are on. Switch to a dummy channel which does not play ads. Or if the break is going to be for around 5 minutes, like on the movie channels, then switch off the TV as soon as the break starts.
3. When on vacation and staying at a hotel, take an extra apple, bananas and boiled eggs for later from the morning breakfast buffet. You don't need to eat anything else until lunch and if you take enough then you can skip lunch on that day. Directly have a cup of tea in the evening then go eat your dinner.
4. An easy and healthy rule that is good for all of us is to fry less and steam more. Steamed foods and snacks are really inexpensive to make and are very good for health due to no oil being used inside the contents of the same. For example, we make 24 Idlis at a single time inside our steamed Idli cooker. It takes us less than 5 minutes to cook them inside the steamer and thus saves us money too.
5. Switch off the computer monitor whenever you are away from the computer for more than a few minutes. It is shocking how much electricity a monitor uses. Same goes for Plasma TV sets. Always turn it off when you aren't watching it. Listen to music on a rechargeable speaker instead of spending time watching TV or playing games on the computer.
6. Use your dead time well. Dead time is time spent in waiting in a line at a ticket counter or traveling by train, bus, etc. to work or college. It is time spent waiting for someone or something. These days, most people waste a lot of money on internet charges on their mobile phones because they spend their dead time surfing apps instead of using that time in a cheaper and better way.
7. Failing to plan is planning to fail. The value of saving a bit each day is more valuable than the priceless Gold you will find once you understand the immense knowledge being shared inside this vast resource on ways to save money.
8. We never use an ATM or any other banking service that charges fees. We do all our banking at the bank itself and through online banking. In the last 4 years, we have not visited an ATM more than 2 times. Both of those times were when we lived here in Naigaon as we hadn't yet shifted our bank accounts over to this home address.
9. Bake your own cakes. It is quite easy to steam a cake. We use a Bamboo Steamer to make simple, quick and yummy cakes for tea time whenever guests are over or if we feel like having a lavish yet inexpensive tea. A 1 kilo cake costs us less than Rs.100 to make. The same cake costs us Rs.350 to buy in a bakery.
10. Make budgets for every major area of your life. Be it food, clothing, shelter, entertainment, vacations, travel, socializing or other common areas that we spend money on. Use your past experiences as a guide in creating these budgets so that you don't spend too much on any one area.
Audio Book Creator. Life Coach. Soft Skills Trainer. Counselor.
Meditation Practitioner. Food Technologist. Frugal Marketer.
More Ways To Save Money