20 Tips To Induce Better Sleep
1. Do not read before you go to sleep. Reading books tends to stimulate our brain rather than relax it. It's best to avoid reading before bedtime.
2. Beds are for sleeping. And resting. Nothing else. Use your bed purely for laying down and resting.
3. Never do any exercise before bedtime. Physical activity must be stopped at least a couple of hours before you go to sleep.
4. Invest in your comfort. Make sure that your bedroom is a comfortable place to sleep on the whole.
5. Breathe deeply as you lay in bed. Close your eyes when you do so.
6. Do not put pictures of water inside your bedroom, they bring bad luck to the person sleeping in that room. This is a basic bedroom design guideline as per Feng Shui but one we must follow.
7. Just like we wear sunglasses in the sun, we must wear sleeping masks while we sleep. This reduces the distraction and any sudden light that might enter our bedroom.
8. Bananas and milk are good sources of Tryptophan. This substance is a sleep inducer. So eating a banana after dinner or drinking a cup of warm milk before you go to sleep will help you have a better sleep.
9. Wear comfortable nightwear while you sleep. The lighter, the better. Invest in good pajamas.
10. Do not watch TV before going to sleep. Even if it's a movie.
11. Switch off the lights, make sure the room is dark, your bedroom must be so dark that you literally can't see where you walk.
12. Do not talk to anyone before you sleep. Just lay down on your bed in silence. Talking is good but not before sleeping.
13. Switch off your phone or put it on silent at least an hour before you go to sleep. In my experience and research in this area, I have observed that smartphones are one of the biggest sleep destroyers in our daily lives.
14. Start to dream while you go to sleep. Dreaming while you are about to sleep helps you fall asleep faster.
15. Listen to calming music of the piano, mountain flute or the violin before bedtime. Keep it playing at a very low volume.
16. Keep it breezy. Make sure your bedroom is clean and airy. Invest in good ceiling or wall fans so that the room is always cool, no matter what the season.
17. Invest in a really good mattress. The best one is usually the one which you feel the most comfortable on even after laying down on it for a few hours.
18. A warm water bath an hour before bedtime is very helpful in inducing good sleep. A clean body makes us feel more comfortable. No sweat, no dirt.
19. A cup of milky tea before you go to bed helps induce sleep in my experience. I've noticed that I fall asleep faster whenever I've had a cup of tea to drink after my dinner.
20. The sheets must be clean and soft. Bed sheets are of great importance. And I'm sure that by now you already know this.
Audio Book Creator. Life Coach. Soft Skills Trainer. Counselor.
Meditation Practitioner. Food Technologist. Frugal Marketer.
More Health Tips