10 Ways To Easily Save Some Money Each Day
There are thousands of ways that you and me can save money and live a better life. On Osovo, we focus on both these things inside our posts connected to these two vital topics. Here are 10 ways to easily save money every single day.
1. Use solar panels for lights inside your home. We have been using solar lights for a while now. We are saving to buy a high quality solar panel which will be useful in lighting up our whole home every evening. I have already saved enough money just by using solar lights in smaller rooms of our home.
2. Fill up your fridge with water bottles and empty airtight plastic containers so that every shelf inside it is full. The less space inside your fridge, the better it is. You will save at least Rs.100 a month if your fridge is kept full every minute of the day.
3. Keep a small notebook with you at all times. Get in the habit of recording every expense and saving the receipts. Sit down once a week with your small notebook and receipts. Record your expenses in a larger notebook.
4. Save a bit of money each day. Even if it is a tiny amount. A simple habit that you can create is to keep aside Rs.50 a day to start with and then build that amount up to Rs.100 or more. Of course, if you don't have Rs.50 a day to spare then keep aside something smaller but please do make the habit of saving a little money every single day of your life. You'll be pleasantly surprised how much money you have saved after a year or two.
5. Keep your face and hands clean at all times. Wash your hands before and after every meal even if you eat your meals with a spoon and fork. Keeping your hands and face clean throughout the day ensures that you do not catch viruses and other illnesses in the air.
6. Drive slower, not faster. The faster you drive your car and the more you apply your brakes, the more will be your fuel consumption per month. Driving at a moderate pace, between 50km to 70km an hour is proven to give you more value for money.
7. Sleep for 9 hours each night. Not a minute less. Getting a good night's sleep ensures that your body and mind are fully rested when you wake up. You will be more alert and effective during the whole day. As a result, you are less prone to wasting money on useless things that you don't need. Also, you save on medical expenses because of being in better health for a longer time.
8. Less apps on your phone, the less money you spend. This is a guarantee. Don't install apps on your phone unless you really think that you need them. The upgrades each month itself will cost you Rs.50 and above in internet bandwidth charges.
9. Be happy with what you have. It's simple to save lots of money when you don't feel like you are missing out on something by not having it. I spend most of my time at home, relaxing and enjoying with my loved ones. I invite my friends over or go over to their place. I am very happy with what I have and the state of my life. I don't feel like I need to show off or buy a fancy car just to prove I am rich.
10. Social media can be a real time and money waster. Share only things that are really worth sharing. Most of the time, we find that people we know share posts, pictures, videos, etc with us which are not really useful in our daily lives. As a result, spending time on going through them is also a waste of money. Share things which help improve someone's quality of life and make sure you have tried it out first to know that it works.
Mindfulness Trainer. Content Writer. Full Time Mom.
More Ways To Save Money