5 Simple Tips To Speak Better In Public
Public Speaking is mankind's biggest fear. However, there is no reason to fear it. Download '500 Public Speaking Tips' from the homepage of Osovo to learn and master the art of speaking in public. Here are 5 simple tips to speak better in public.
1. Analyze the performance of other speakers so you can improve your public speaking skills. I've heard a great deal about learning from speeches that are published on the internet.
There are a couple of websites that focus mainly on such speeches. Many expert trainers in public speaking and presentation skills claim that you can learn a great deal just by observing the speeches made by these speakers on those websites.
However, don't blindly follow or copy those speakers since most of them aren't experienced nor properly trained in the art of public speaking. In fact, I've found hundreds of mistakes in just a dozen speeches I've analyzed by these so-called professional speakers.
2. Don't curse, use foul language or lose your temper while speaking in public. You will quickly ruin your entire reputation and hard work whenever you do so.
There is never a valid reason for someone to lose their cool while public speaking. Never a good time to use curse words while speaking to others. You just can't do that and get away with it. Never. Ever.
I've been a hot tempered guy for most of my life. It took years of meditation to manage my anger better. There were plenty of times when I was about to lose my cool while speaking in public. It was usually a topic that I felt very strongly about.
However, the moment I realized I was getting worked up or losing my temper, I would take a break for a while, take sips of warm water, then continue speaking once I was in full control of my emotions again.
3. Watch Donald Trump and Narendra Modi to learn how not to read long speeches from them. These two world leaders are excellent orators. They know how to communicate with the masses while speaking to them.
They rarely read their speeches from their notes. Instead they stand there at the podium and deliver a powerful presentation using pauses at the right times during their speeches.
They know how to maintain eye contact with their audience. They work the room without even moving about like most speakers do. It's a wonderful feeling to watch these two world leaders speak. It's no wonder that when these two speakers speak, the whole world listens. Literally.
4. Your shoes must be such that they absorb the pressure of your entire body weight thrust upon it while you stand up and speak.
Invest in shoes that match this criteria well. Don't wear cheap and low quality shoes just because they were on sale.
Never buy shoes at a sale.
Always buy the best quality and most comfortable shoes that your money can afford. Never compromise on your speaking shoes.
Preferably have 2 pairs of shoes. One as a backup pair.
If it's an all day seminar then carry along the backup pair with you. I've found this second pair useful more than 6 times in my career till date.
5. Remember the audience is there to hear you speak. You are the master, you are the reason for them being there.
It's time you put on the show of your life.
The audience has invested their precious time to listen to you speak. Now it's time for you to speak to them in a manner in which they will remember for a long time.
Prepare well for your speech, practice your speech at least a dozen times, make sure you are well versed with your speech content. So that when the time comes to deliver your speech to the audience you are fully prepared to do so.
Audio Book Creator. Life Coach. Soft Skills Trainer. Counselor.
Meditation Practitioner. Food Technologist. Frugal Marketer.
More Public Speaking Tips