10 Tips To Save Money
1) Save water, it's not going to save you lots of money but whenever you use water it's usually for washing and bathing purposes so when you use less water for those two things then you automatically use less soap or detergent which leads to some money savings.
2) Use bar soap instead of hand wash and body wash. You will save some money by doing this. Also, make sure that you dry the soap after using it so that it does nothing melts and gets wasted. Use the cheapest bar soap that has good reviews from many people on multiple sites. Choose your soaps wisely as you will be using them daily.
3) Shopping is not a hobby. Don't shop as entertainment. Or when you're hungry or depressed. Shop only when you need to buy something. Never shop for something you don't want to buy. Live by these simple rules and you will live better from today.
4) Have a monthly, quarterly and yearly budget and stick to each of them firmly. We buy pulses, grains, cooking oil, etc. just once every 3 months. We have created a strict budget for such purchases. Similarly, we plan our total expenses for the year before the year starts. For almost 7 out of the last 8 years, we have stuck to this annual house budget we planned.
5) A large amount of money is spent on traveling to school, college and work. My cousin sister pays Rs.1500 a month just for the school bus to pick her daughter up and drop her back home. She spends another Rs.6000 on driving to and from work by her own car. Live close to your work, school and college and you will save all these unnecessary expenses.
6) Save a lot of money by cutting down or totally eradicating artificial drinks from your diet and the refrigerator. Instead of these packed juices, enjoy eating fresh fruits on a daily basis and drinking many glasses of boiled drinking water.
7) You can save lots of money during the late evening hours by relaxing alone or with your family inside your bedroom. No watching TV or using any electrical connections. Just put your feet up or lay down on the bed, close your eyes and relax. You can listen to soft music or a Guided Relaxation audio book on your rechargeable speakers. You can download a few Guided Relaxation MP3 files from Osovo.com.
8) Drink your second cup of tea without milk. Black Tea is relatively cheaper than tea made with milk since fresh milk costs around Rs.35 a liter or thereabouts. I love drinking tea. I consume more than 2 cups of tea every single day. I have saved some money by drinking black tea over the last 8 years.
9) Things like oil and Ghee can last for more than a year if stored properly. Invest in good stainless steel storage containers so that you can store larger amounts of cooking oil and ghee for future use. You always get discounts and free stuff whenever you buy larger quantities of these two essential items.
10) Less mayonnaise please. Mayonnaise has high fat content since it contains oil and egg yolks. If you love mayonnaise look for the veggie option on the internet. We make veggie mayo in our home and it's healthier and cheaper.
Audio Book Creator. Life Coach. Soft Skills Trainer. Counselor.
Meditation Practitioner. Food Technologist. Frugal Marketer.
More Ways To Save Money