50 Wonderful Quotes By Benjamin Franklin
1. One today is worth two tomorrows.
2. A small leak will sink a great ship.
3. For the want of a nail the shoe was lost, For the want of a shoe the horse was lost, For the want of a horse the rider was lost, For the want of a rider the battle was lost, For the want of a battle the kingdom was lost, And all for the want of a horse-shoe nail.
4. Little strokes fell great oaks.
5. Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
6. We must all hang together or assuredly we shall all hang separately.
7. I conceive that the great part of the miseries of mankind are brought upon them by false estimates they have made of the value of things.
8. What maintains one vice would bring up two children.
9. Search others for their virtues, thyself for thy vices.
10. They that are on their guard and appear ready to receive their adversaries, are in much less danger of being attacked than the supine, secure and negligent.
11. Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one.
12. Our necessities never equal our wants.
13. There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
14. Here you would know, and enjoy, what prosperity will way of Washington. For a thousand leagues have nearly the same effect with a thousand years.
15. Waste neither time nor money, but make the best use of both. Without industry and frugality, nothing will do, and with them everything.
16. If your Riches are yours, why don't you take them with you to t'other world?
17. The use of money is all the advantage there is in having money.
18. He does not possess wealth that allows it to possess him.
19. He who multiplies riches multiplies cares.
20. Wealth is not his that has it, but his that enjoys it.
21. If you wouldst live long, live well, for folly and wickedness shorten life.
22. A wise man will desire no more than what he may get justly, use soberly, distribute cheerfully, and leave contentedly.
23. If a man could half his wishes he would double his Troubles.
24. At 20 years of age the will reigns; at 30, the wit; at 40, the judgment.
25. An in-dutiful Daughter will prove an unmanageable Wife.
26. Plough deep while sluggards sleep.
27. Handle your tools without mittens.
28. By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.
29. In this world nothing is sure but death and taxes.
30. Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
31. He has paid dear, very dear, for his whistle.
32. Nothing gives an author so much pleasure as to find his works respectfully quoted by other learned authors.
33. At twenty years of age, the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment.
34. Industry, perseverance, and frugality make fortune yield.
35. He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.
36. The eye of the master will do more work than both his hands.
37. He that raises a large family does, indeed, while he lives to observe them, stand a broader mark for sorrow; but then he stands a broader mark for pleasure too.
38. Fatigue is the best pillow.
39. A benevolent man should allow a few faults in himself, to keep his friends in countenance.
40. The heart of a fool is in his mouth, but the mouth of a wise man is in his heart.
41. Sin is not harmful because it is forbidden, but it is forbidden because it is harmful.
42. Industry, perseverance, and frugality make fortune yield.
43. He that waits upon fortune, is never sure of a dinner.
44. Genius without education is like silver in the mine.
45. In general, mankind, since the improvement of cookery, eats twice as much as nature requires.
46. One should eat to live, not live to eat.
47. In general, mankind, since the improvement of cookery, eats twice as much as nature requires.
48. Laws too gentle are seldom obeyed; too severe, seldom executed.
49. Fish and visitors stink after three days.
50. Each year, one vicious habit rooted out, in time ought to make the worst man good.
Life Enrichment. Personality Development. Etc.
More Osovo Quotes