11 Smart Ways To Save Money In India
1) Do not buy a digital camera or camcorder as a smart phone does everything. You will save thousands of rupees by buying a really good smart phone at a reasonable price, not an iPhone please, just a good phone that has everything that a smart phone must have.
2) As much as we can, we substitute processed cheese with fresh cottage cheese as by doing so we are saving lots of money and giving ourselves a healthier thing to eat. Plain cottage cheese sandwiches taste absolutely yummy. I love having it for Breakfast at least once a week. Give this one a shot soon. You'll love the taste of fresh cottage cheese over processed cheese anytime.
3) Always carry an umbrella during the rainy season. Getting wet in the rain causes your clothes to get dirtier faster thereby leading to wastage of washing powder and electricity as you need to wash those wet n dirty clothes quickly. Also, you can fall sick and catch a nasty cold if you get too wet when it's raining.
4) I go out shopping 2 times a week along with my wife and son. We live close to the market so we buy fresh veggies, fruits and other food items there. A bit of money is saved as well. Since we buy in larger quantities we are getting the fruits and vegetables at a cheaper price. Also, it's healthy for us since we spend 15 minutes roaming around the market before heading back home.
5) We have lived in more than 8 different homes since our marriage in early 2008. Living in different flat sizes, localities and societies taught us more and more ways of living a better life on a very modest monthly income. We have learned to spend many hours of quality time together doing nothing but just relaxing with each other in a single room of our large home.
6) Switch off your fridge for 12 hours a day during the winter months. Use it only when you really must. Store your fruits and veggies in them even while they are switched off. Don't open the door else the cool air escapes and it becomes less cooler inside.
7) It's been over 15 years since I have a mobile phone service. And, I have managed to keep it prepaid for all these years with the same number. Wasting money on changing numbers and new mobile handsets can really cost you a lot.
8) Store all your fruits and vegetables in vacuum sealed plastic bags inside the fridge. You can simply squeeze the oxygen out of the bags before keeping them in the fridge. What we breathe in to live ends up being a slow killer for our fruits and vegetables. They rot faster when exposed to too much oxygen.
9) I use the Monsoon Principle a lot in my life. The Monsoon Principle simply states that drop by drop the bucket fills till the top. In other words, little by little added up to a lot. For example, anyone who wishes to save money can start by saving just a little each day and they will discover that by the end of the year they have lots of money saved up in their piggy banks.
10) Movie tickets, concert tickets, and other similar events and shows are a pure waste of money when you are looking to save cash. This doesn't mean that you stay indoors all the time. Be more sensible and use your common sense (for a change) to find ways to live a better life without spending any money.
11) Keep low denomination notes in your wallet and at home. It's amazing how well this one works. I've done this for many years and have observed that just following this one way to save money ensures that we are more sensible about how we spend it. It hurts to give away those precious little notes and we really learn the value of money by carrying lesser denomination currency with us.
Audio Book Creator. Life Coach. Soft Skills Trainer. Counselor.
Meditation Practitioner. Food Technologist. Frugal Marketer.
More Ways To Save Money