11 Little Ways To Save Money In India
1) Create inspirational quotes to put up inside your office or on your cupboards at home. Make sure you print out and put up your best tips from this audio book series. If this does not sound interesting then consider how much you would spend to put up posters, paintings, etc. then you will understand why I shared this little tip.
2) If you are outside the home on most days of the week then you simply must buy yourself a couple of metal water bottles or at least one. Plastic water bottles are usually not safe for use more than a few times. A metal water bottle does not break or crack easily as well as it saves you money by not having to buy expensive mineral or bottled drinking water when outside.
3) Cancel all magazine subscriptions and read them online for free. You will be surprised to know that you can access most best selling magazines for free online. What's more, you can even download the PDF versions from certain magazine websites.
4) Learn to cut up a chicken; buying a whole chicken is cheaper than buying parts. Don't buy packet or frozen chicken or meats. They are way more expensive and you cannot be too sure of their freshness or quality. Buy a whole chicken and store it in the freezer in cut up parts enough for each meal.
5) Save money on gyms by walking in a free community park or working out at home instead. One of the best exercises that you can do is Spot Walking. You just need to stand at one place in your living room or bedroom and lift your legs up and down as if you are walking. This is known to be one of the best weight loss exercises as you can do it almost anytime and without any risk of injury.
6) Your refrigerator and freezer will require less energy to maintain the coldness if they are full of food. The food itself will help maintain the temperature. This is why an empty freezer uses more energy than a freezer that's full of frozen goods.
7) Don't starve or diet to save money. It doesn't quite work out this way. Only manage your lifestyle. Plan what you will eat. Eat enough food, drink lots of water. Be more sensible about the way you live your life. That's all.
8) Nowadays, the best way to save electricity and money is to switch to LED bulbs. I've been using 6 12-watt LED bulbs in my home since the past 3 years and have noticed a significant drop in my electricity bill each month. Earlier I was using 40-watt tube lights. In the future, solar lights and other technologies might help us save even more money while keeping our planet green.
9) Save a bit of money each month by unsubscribing from any caller tunes, paid ringtones, text alerts, etc. You might save just Rs.100 by doing this. But in a year, that is a saving of over Rs.1000. You can throw a nice dinner party for your near and dear ones with that extra money saved.
10) Make plain boiled rice for a quick and nutritious meal every single day. Don't throw the water used to boil it away as it is a super healthy drink for everyone to have. It's called Kanji water and is really good for your overall health and wellness. Add a bit of turmeric and ginger to it and you've turned that into a healthy soup.
11) Drink more water. By drinking more water during the day the chances of feeling hungry or thirsty between meals is minimized thereby saving you money otherwise spent on snacks and beverages. Besides water has zero calories and is excellent for our general health.
Audio Book Creator. Life Coach. Soft Skills Trainer. Counselor.
Meditation Practitioner. Food Technologist. Frugal Marketer.
More Ways To Save Money